Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: Tie Breaker?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tie Breaker?

    Quote Originally Posted by otto_man View Post
    if they weren't losing a seat in april, they would not have appointed a tie-breaker. U know it, I know it, everyone does. If this were republican vs democrats on the BOS and the republicans pulled something like that, u'd have a freaking cow and u know it. I know I would, just because I agree with majority of the school board, does not mean I have to agree with the underhandedness of what they did.
    So you are sure that the pro side will lose a member ? Who is running?........I think the at large member is the best option But I understand that the anti- side has but one goal delay delay delay and a 4-4 tie would work out to the same thing as a majorty for them and there goals......I personaly think the tie-breaker is a good option but ONLY in the short term I think that the ball needs to get rolling on getting a 9th member or redistricting down to 7 (but that is just me)

  2. #22
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tie Breaker?

    How many districts does Wise Co have now? And when folks are talking about letting the "chairman" vote, does that mean the member that is chairman now doesn't vote at present? Seems as if the moral majority is only "moral" as long things go their way. We still need to improve schools. Renovate them all or build new ones. The first estimate was 54 mil, during the Basham era (to renovate). Wonder how much the same work would cost today.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  3. #23
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tie Breaker?

    Quote Originally Posted by otto_man View Post
    if they weren't losing a seat in april, they would not have appointed a tie-breaker. U know it, I know it, everyone does. If this were republican vs democrats on the BOS and the republicans pulled something like that, u'd have a freaking cow and u know it. I know I would, just because I agree with majority of the school board, does not mean I have to agree with the underhandedness of what they did.
    If there wasn't the danger of it, no it wouldn't be an issue, you all act like this is some secret or someone has tried to hide it. Though the more I see, IMO it will be a moot point, Greear has a lot of support in the 4th. Dude, stuff like this goes on all the time, one side uses stall/delay measures while the other tries to bypass it...it DOES happen all the time, so no I wouldn't have a cow. I'm all for productivity continuing, without this the schools are screwed in every single way not even with consolidation in the picture and it's completely legit...not my fault some are ****ed because they won't get to delay and further hold the educations of wise co. kids hostage anymore so they can keep rooting for their bulldogs, deacons, widlcats etc on Friday night.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •